Diesel Mechanic - All Aboard America! - Mesa
All Aboard America! is hiring career minded individuals to join our elite team of professionals!
Since 1936, All Aboard America! has been safely chartering luxury bus tours across the nation. Our team members enjoy a family-like culture, unmatched autonomy, and the opportunity to be part of a greater purpose. If you share our unwavering commitment to customer service and safety, we want you to join our team!
We have an immediate opening in our Maintenance Department for a Diesel Mechanic at our Mesa facility!The All Aboard America! Diesel Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of our motorcoach fleet.
We Offer the following to Diesel Mechanics
- Competitive compensation package
- Tool allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Medical insurance options the first of the month after 30 days
- Life Insurance & Disability Plans
- Excellent 401(k) and Matching Contributions after 90 days
- Paid Holidays for Full Time Employees
Essential job functions of a Diesel Mechanic
- Read and understand repair orders and perform work on mini-buses and motorcoaches with efficiency and accuracy.
- Advise Shop Manager or supervisor if additional work is needed or if work outlined is not necessary.
- Operate all equipment in shop as required.
- Troubleshoot components to determine malfunction and plan work procedures to properly repair with minimum supervision.
- Proficient knowledge of motorcoach components. Ability to change components on engines, transmissions, air or hydraulic brakes, electrical and air systems, air conditioning, suspensions, axles and steering.
- Secure needed parts in order to make necessary repairs when needed.
- Attend and complete required technical schools and training sessions in order to increase and update professional knowledge.
- Test drive repaired motorcoaches to verify repairs completed.
- Technicians will be accountable for repairs in direct relation to billed hours.
- Technician will be capable of inputting complete written reports on jobs including: labor, parts, cause and corrections, repair details, etc.
- Must be able to diagnose repair, remove and reinstall these products within acceptable standard repair hours
Qualifications of a Diesel Technician
- 3-5 years relevant experience with diesel engines, air brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive trains, troubleshooting etc.
- Required to furnish a complete set of hand tools.
- Have a working knowledge of diesel products.
- Understands technical issues and can use previous experiences to solve technical problems.
- Practiced documentation skills.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Has excellent attendance and completes quality work on time.
- Conscientiously and methodically approaches work.
- Sees tasks through to completion.
- Possesses a valid [Arizona] State Drivers license, preferably with a Class A CDL or be able to obtain a CDL within 90 days
- Satisfactory Pre-employment drug screening and DOT physical required.
- Must have a good attitude - we hire good people and want team players!
At All Aboard America! our entire team of professionals is dedicated to providing charter bus tours and travel experiences that ensure safety and comfort with a touch of luxury and a little excitement too! Offering nationwide and southwest bus tours with more than 5,000,000 miles yearly and more than 80 years of experience, we know what it takes to keep our fleet of luxury coaches moving safely across the miles to get our passengers where they want to go.
Our Services Include:
- Offering Nationwide Motor Coach Charters
- Southwest Bus Charters through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas
- Bus Tours to National Parks like Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Yellowstone
- Bus Charters and Tours to Las Vegas and San Francisco
- Contract Services
- Corporate Bus Charters
- Maintenance Services and more
What Sets Us Apart From All The Others:
- Family Owned and Operated since 1936
- Exceptional Safety Record
- Dedicated Team of Professionals
- Full-Service Safety Department
- Full-Service In-house Maintenance Facility
- Exclusive Member of International Motor Coach Group (IMG)
- Member of United Motorcoach Association (UMA)
All Aboard America! is an Equal Opportunity Employer