CDL Motor Coach Operator - All Aboard America! - Santa Fe
The motor coach operator performs various tasks relating to the transport of passengers aboard motor coaches. The mindset of a driver always has to be focused on SAFETY. We carry all ages of people; senior citizens, middle age, and of course, children. Passengers trust that you are qualified and physically and mentally prepared for the job. Operators are required to perform pre trip inspections, fuel, tidy up, and perform post trip inspections in addition to driving the motor coach.
- Must be able to operate a motor coach in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with federal, state, and local jurisdiction, and as required by company directives.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone, two-way radio and in person in clear fluent English in a courteous, friendly and professional manner with customers, guests, co-workers and other persons.
- Must be able to learn and remember pick-up and destination points.
- Follows specific scheduled routes.
- Assists passengers in boarding and exiting vehicle.
- Assists with loading, unloading and moving luggage, packages and other items as needed.
- Accurately completes a DVIR (Daily Vehicle Inspection Report) on a daily basis and turns into maintenance shop if problems exist.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior courtesy lamps, air-conditioning or heating, warning lamps, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, vehicle damage, etc. prior to moving vehicle.
- Keeps interior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Responsible for ensuring inside and outside of vehicle are properly cleaned.
- Responsible for ensuring the motor coach is fueled at the completion of each and every assignment.
- Responsible for the dumping of the restroom at completion of each and every assignment.
- Treats all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Required to meet all dress code and grooming standards as set forth by the company.
- Required to report to work in an authorized company uniform.
- Advise management in writing of all customer relations issues, incidents/accidents involving customer/vehicle and quality of services provided to the company from outside suppliers.
- Also may be required to perform other related duties as requested.
- Every Driver is at all times eligible for interstate driving assignments regardless of whether the driver typically drives intrastate trips.
You have driven for the rest, now come and drive with the BEST.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K and much more.
Full-Time Drivers who ALWAYS maintain professional driving standards will enjoy driving with All Aboard America! Be a team player and enjoy the rewards of a great work environment, where people are always smiling and are very friendly. Plus the opportunity to drive a beautiful coach with all of the most up-to-date features.
Must be able to operate a motorcoach in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with federal, state and local jurisdiction and as required by company directives.
Must be able to communicate by telephone, two-way radio and in person in clear fluent English in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
Must be able to learn and remember pick up and destination points serviced by the fleet.
Follows specific regularly scheduled routes, respond to requests from dispatch or management for unscheduled pick up and drop offs.
Assist with loading and unloading, moving of luggage, packages and other items as needed.
Accurately completes a DVIR (Daily Vehicle Inspection Report) on a daily basis and turns it into the SF office or farebox as required.
Report vehicle defects to dispatch or the maintenance mechanic on duty if a defect exists.
Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at the beginning and end of your shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior courtesy lamps, air conditioning or heating, warning lamps or buzzers, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, vehicle damage prior to moving vehicle.
Keeps interior of vehicle clean and orderly.
Fuels the vehicle according to Santa Fes fuel procedure.
Required to meet all dress code and grooming standards as set forth by the company and operates vehicle in an authorized company uniform.
Advise management in writing of all customer relations issues, incidents/accident involving customer or vehicle.
Reliable, responsible and loyal.
Positive attitude toward the general public.
Accommodating and sensitive to peoples needs.
Well-groomed and clean cut.
Education and/or Experience:
No formal education is required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit, stand, bend, crouch, and kneel as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface, climbing stairs, or moving heavy objects for periodic time throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to move or store luggage throughout the work day. May include lifting 50 pounds or more on occasion.